Blog Archive

Friday, February 27, 2009

God is in control!

I am feeling overwhelmed by God's protection, His mercy, and His grace! I am basking in knowing that He truly does care about me, and that He plans to keep me around a little longer!
I was scheduled to have major surgery yesterday, and right at the last second - those plans were changed!
The Anesthesiologist found out what the kind of stents were that I had implanted into my arteries last April when I had my heart attack, and basically REFUSED to assist in the surgery because it would be too much of a risk in losing me on the operating table! That specific kind of stent and the medication that I'm taking has to be ongoing, in the patient, for at least one year before they can do a big surgery of any kind. The interesting thing is that my Cardiologist gave the OK to do the surgery, but my Primary Physician was against it, and my Surgeon wasn’t aware of the high risk until the Anesthesiologist pointed it out to him! The Anesthesiologist had a HUGE article (about 5 or 6 pages long) on this subject and showed it to my Surgeon; and after looking at it – the Surgeon very much agreed. Apparently, the percentage of people who die on the table because of not waiting until the first year is passed – is VERY high! This article had come out in August of 2008. Thank God for Dr.s who are “on top” of things! So, things have been put on hold until at least May.
God’s protective hand was truly upon me! I was prepped for surgery, the IV was in place, and I was lying on a gurney in the hallway – just waiting to be wheeled into the OR room when they came to me and said “No deal!”
I have had other surgeries and have gone with a positive attitude about what was going to happen, but this was very different. Perhaps because my Primary Physician didn’t think it was a good idea, or God’s prodding – I don’t know; but I was very apprehensive about this whole thing. I have had a nagging feeling, for the past 2 weeks, that I was going to die on the operating table. So, when the Anesthesiologist was talking to me, I couldn’t help but feel that that was a confirmation straight from God Almighty!
I am excited to be alive, and I am excited to be in love with a living God!

1 comment:

Janene said...

What an awesome story. God is awesome. Glad you are still here :)