Blog Archive

Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm a "Granmama" - and I love it!!


I spent 5 wonderful weeks in Arkansas with Liz and Josh. During that time, I was blessed with the awesome experience of witnessing my first grandchild being born! I was so proud of Liz, going through 20 hours of labor! She was definitely our hero that day!! Josh did a fabulous job of coaching Liz, and the 2 of them made a wonderful team! Little Rachel had some fluid in her lungs when she first entered our world, and the Dr.’s thought she possibly had newborn pneumonia, so they kept her in the NICU for the first 3 days. She was on constant oxygen and antibiotics. That was hard for Liz, because she didn’t get to hold Rachel during that time. But after a few days, the Dr.’s were able to give her a clean bill of health, and Liz and Josh were able to take her home with them! What a precious sweet baby!

We were all delighted to see that Rachel was born with a whole head of dark curly hair! Right now, her eyes are very dark; but with time, they will be fully able to tell what color her eyes are.

Liz is doing really well. If you saw her today, you would never know she had a baby 2 weeks ago! She looks fabulous! She is already wearing her pre-pregnancy clothes! Wow!

I had absolutely NO understanding of the depth of a Grandmother’s love … until little Rachel Anne came into my world!! Oh my! What can I say? I ADORE this precious little child!! I extended my stay by one week so I was able to spend 7 days with Rachel. She has my heart, and I had a hard time kissing her (and her mama!) “good-bye!”

No comments: